Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Thinking About the Finish Line


Imagining the finish line is one thing but getting there is whole other matter. 

Getting to the finish is a collective effort. It takes a community of volunteers, pacers and crew members to get one person to the line. Without this community effort, very few would be able to complete a long-distance effort. I am so grateful for all who have supported me over the years. Every finished race has the handprints of folks I know and don't know. 

It is the same with our shared long-distance effort of providing free, expert legal services to immigrant communities; it is a community effort from start to finish. I am humbled by the support this effort has received and will be thinking of all of you during my run on Saturday and Sunday. Every one of you is part of my crew for this race and this fundraiser. 

My estimated time to cross the finish line at the Ghost Train Ultra Run is early Sunday afternoon.  I look forward to reporting back early next week on my effort. 

New England Justice for Our Neighbors' Website

Miles for Migrants Fundraising Page





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Getting Me to the Finish

Sunday afternoon at 2:15 PM I met my goal of covering 100 miles in under 30 hours.  My final time was 29 hours and 15 minutes.  The weather ...