Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Thanks for Getting Me to the Finish


Sunday afternoon at 2:15 PM I met my goal of covering 100 miles in under 30 hours.  My final time was 29 hours and 15 minutes.  The weather was good all day and night, which makes a huge difference, and the volunteers at Ghost Train were incredible with their aid station hospitality. 

Many runners have pacers and crews to help them get to the finish line. This run I ran solo but you, the New England JFON crew paced me from a distance - and we got it done!  Knowing that so many joined the effort through prayers, good wishes and donations gave me the extra inspiration that is always required when one's tired legs and mind want to send you home without finishing.  Thanks to all who made this an extra special finish. 

If you would still like to support migrants in honor of this effort, you may do so here.   

I wish I could thank you all personally for your support and dedication to New England JFON. I look forward to when our trails cross so I can share my appreciation personally.

- Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Getting Me to the Finish

Sunday afternoon at 2:15 PM I met my goal of covering 100 miles in under 30 hours.  My final time was 29 hours and 15 minutes.  The weather ...