Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Back from Ascutney, Vermont and the Vermont 50

Many thanks to all of you who have contributed to my New England Justice for  Miles for Migrants fundraising run. 


I had a good week in Vermont with long days on my feet and a 50k training run, so I am feeling good about heading into the final weeks before Ghost Train 100. 

Being back with the Vermont 50 ultra community reminded me of the New England JFON community. Volunteers over the years have stayed together through thick and thin for the work of bringing immigration justice and legal services to some of the most vulnerable in our communities. I am so grateful to have been a part of this effort.  

Immigration legal work is like running an ultra-race.  Both require sustained expenditures of time and energy. The legal services lawyers who provide our clients with expert advice and representation are truly  unsung heroes. Many thanks to our legal services partners Northeast Justice Center and Central West Justice Center for going the distance with New England JFON

There are still just over two weeks remaining until the big day.  Will you join our other supporters in sponsoring my race?  Here's the link.  

And remember, you can learn more about New England Justice for Our Neighbors on our website and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Getting Me to the Finish

Sunday afternoon at 2:15 PM I met my goal of covering 100 miles in under 30 hours.  My final time was 29 hours and 15 minutes.  The weather ...