Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Welcome to my Ghost Train 100-Mile New England Justice for Our Neighbors Blog!

I will be doing my best to keep the blog up to date as I prepare for this great opportunity to both support free, expert legal services for immigrants and stay on my feet for 30 hours or less to complete 100 miles. 

I have been blessed with feet and legs that have carried me through over 40 long distance races (ultramarathons.) Most are over 31 miles or more with one 100-miler under my belt. This will be my second attempt at 100 miles, and I can think of no better reason to do it than to raise funds for New England JFON. 

I hope you will join me on this adventure by sponsoring my Miles for Migrants run.  (Link here.) 

Of course, you are more than welcome to join me for a few miles along the course. (I especially could use friends during the mid-night to dawn shift!) But I will understand if you would rather pledge to New England JFON than suffer with me through the night. ;-)




I hope you will revisit the blog to see how my preparations are going. I am currently getting ready for the Vermont 50 on September 25th, which will be my last long distance training run (50k) before heading off to the Ghost Train 100 on October 15th. 

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Getting Me to the Finish

Sunday afternoon at 2:15 PM I met my goal of covering 100 miles in under 30 hours.  My final time was 29 hours and 15 minutes.  The weather ...